Thursday, January 10, 2008

Joy Behar is almost right........on one point

This story is not getting as much coverage as I thought it would, maybe because Joy Behar has less star power than Rosie O'Donnell or maybe because people are tired of the non-sense that spews forth from The View, but I believe that Joy is almost right on one point......................... were have all the Saints gone?

The rest of the usual anti-US and Anti-Christian blather that gushes from her mouth is nothing but meaningless tripe, but it is an astute observation on her part as to the lack of Saintly or Sainted people in our post-modern age, though I feel it has nothing to due with mental illness and more to do with people closing-off their hearts and minds to God.

In times past, people were able to focus more of their mental and spiritual energy on prayer and meditation, even when working in the fields and they had a greater reverence for the Almighty, as Church attendance in those days was nearly 100% as did they make God the focal point of their life.

In our times people focus all of their time and energy on materialism, consumerism, self-gratification, status and gossip. Modern people think more on the rise and fall of some pop princess and give little thought to God, spirituality or the disposition of their souls. People have become so focused on their temporary corporeal state and have no regard or fail to invest in their eternal spiritual future, and when the time comes and they see that they have only built-up treasures on Earth and they are bankrupt in the here-after, then there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth.

Mental health is an interesting way of putting this topic in perspective, in the past when a person had a vision from God, they were seen as Holy and devout, worthy of regard and reverence, even if they were of humble origins. Now it is all about status and even then those with status spend little time on faith, unless of course it has to do with some celebrity converting to another faith.

It is my belief that there are many people who have heard or have had a supernatural encounter with God or His heavenly host, but they will not speak of it, for they fear the scorn and ridicule of others, those who disbelieve feel that they can sit as judge over those who have had these experiences and cast aspersions on the visited. The stories of those who have visions of Christ in a bowl of soup or a cheese sandwich or the street person that may not have their full faculties, these are the stories that our modern culture relates to visitations and not the great stories of Saul on the Damascus Road or Walsingham or Joan d'Arc

There are still Saints and Martyrs in our times, but their stories are overlooked or they have been driven underground by forces in this world that are bent on laying the Faith low and rooting it from our lives. There is a concerted effort to destroy the Christian tradition and replace it with the religion of consumerism and cultural relevance.

I was once an atheistic secularist, putting my trust in only those things that I could see or that could be resolved through science. One night I had the most realistic dream/vision/revelation, one that is as clear in my mind today, this very moment, as it was several years ago. In this dream I was sitting on a large stone in a dark cave, barely able to see anything, and then walking in to view is a vision of Our Lord, Jesus Christ, dressed in a plain white robe, He looks at me and His mouth does not move, but the words "Follow Me" are communicated to me, I follow Him and as we walk it becomes brighter and He leads me out of the cave to an overlook at the caves mouth, standing in front of me, Our Lord sweeps his left hand across and reveals to me the most beautiful landscape imaginable and looks at me with a look of reassurance and makes me feel as this will be my reward in the life to come. I awoke from my dream and wept for joy, knowing my life had new meaning and direction, no longer did I feel trapped in the trap of the post-modern self-serving lifestyle.

It took me a while to reveal this to anyone, as I feared the ridicule of others, but as the vision still is with me and drives me to confess my faith in the Triune God, I fear nothing. People can psychoanalyze this all they want, but they will never be able to convince me that what had happened was not my spiritual wake-up call, for I fear not their judgments, only His.

So let this humorless "comedian" have her little joke and try to further her agenda, for it will not dissuade the faithful one little bit.

No comments: