Saturday, August 1, 2009

July Poll Results

There were a few surprises in the July poll with the results in here is the breakdown (with 40 votes)

1st - 1928 BCP - 12 votes (38%)
2nd - 1662 BCP - 9 votes (29%)
3rd - 1979 Book - 6 votes (19%)
4th - Anglican Missal - 5 votes (16%)
4th - Anglican Service Book - 5 votes (16%)
5th - 1892 BCP - 2 votes (6%)
6th - 1789 BCP - 1 vote (3%)

I supposed that the 1928 BCP would receive at least 50% and was amazed at the strong showing for the ASB and the Missal.

*

3 comments:

The Midland Agrarian said...

I was very surprised for the same reason. Do you think there are a lot of Anglo Catholics using it for personal use or its parochial use is that common?

Kevin said...

Since this poll was far from scientific, I am going to guess that it is a little of both.

Hopefully folks who visit this blog can leave their comments on the subject so we can get better feel on how they use these books.

I bought my copy of the ASB from eBay and at that time there were several for sale and they get much attention and I just purchased "A Manual of Anglo-Catholic Devotion" for $16.00.

It seems that any books of traditional Anglican worship are big sellers on eBay, my best deal was 1928 BCP, 1940 Hymnal, Anglican Missal (American) and "the Practice of Religion" as one package for $40.00.

Will said...

I'm a bit surprised too that the ASB and Missal did that well. But there are a LOT of Anglo-Catholics who use the Missal, so I guess I'm almost surprised the 1979 book outpolled it.